Waiting IMPATIENTLY Wednesday

Wednesday, March 19, 2014
You may or may not know that I used to be a blogger.  Several years ago, one of my best friends, Espe and I started Late Bloomer Online.  We had an absolute blast.  We met so many amazing authors, readers, and fellow bloggers, and were fortunate enough to develop many friendships.  As a result, I learned so much about the book publishing industry, which helped me when it came time to publish my own novel.

One of the things I remember from my blogging days is the meme, Waiting on Wednesday.  I was going to do a post about some of my favorite books, and I think I still may, but it got me thinking about one of my favorites, so I decided today my post would be book specific.  I was going to share a link about this author's new book on facebook, but thought a mini feature would be more fun.  If this is something you like, let me know.  Maybe it will become a permanent ritual.

Those of you that follow my facebook posts know that Wendy Higgins is one of my FAVORITE authors.  Not only because I LOVE LOVE LOVE her Sweet Evil series and one sexy Kaidan Rowe, but because although I've yet to meet her in person, she seems like one of the nicest, supportive and just genuinely sincere people I've ever "met".  If you haven't read this series, oh my gosh, you are missing out.  Very few authors can write sex appeal and sexual tension like Wendy. I don't know how she does it, but Kaidan's character comes off the pages and I am SO in love with him. For real.  :)

*Fun fact - during my blogging days I made a count down widget for Wendy's book for her blog.*

I am so excited for her new book in the Sweet Evil series, Sweet Reckoning.  In fact, I posted that I was looking for someone to share their ARC with me.  I'm NOT a patient person - especially when it comes to waiting for release days.  Even my own!  Someone said they were going to mail it to me to read, but I never got it, so maddeningly I'm still waiting and dying a little each day while waiting with the rest of you.  Ugh!  LOL!

It may not come as any surprise that since I wrote contemporary romance, I don't read a whole lot of it, at least not when I'm writing.  Instead, I read a lot of paranormal romance which is probably my favorite genre.  I think in part because (another fun fact) the first book I ever tried to write was a paranormal romance.  I really envy the mind of author's that can make fantasy stories like that work. I envy their imaginations and the world they live in.

So, Sweet Reckoning is definitely my Waiting on Wednesday today, but it's also worth mentioning that Wendy just released a different book to tide people over until it's release.  Wasn't that nice of her :)  Her new novel is called SEE ME. I just ordered my copy, and you should too!  Here's the synopsis-

While most seventeen-year-old American girls would refuse to let their parents marry them off to a stranger, Robyn Mason dreams of the mysterious McKale in Ireland, wondering how he’ll look and imagining his cute Irish accent. Prearranged bindings are common for magical families like her own, however when she travels to the whimsical Emerald Isle she discovers there’s more to her betrothal and McKale’s clan than she was led to believe. 

What starts as an obligatory pairing between Robyn and McKale morphs over time into something they both need. But one giant obstacle stands in the way of their budding romance: a seductive and deadly Fae princess accustomed to getting what she wants—and what she wants is McKale as her plaything. Love, desire, and jealousies collide as Robyn’s family and McKale’s clan must work together to outsmart the powerful Faeries and preserve the only hope left for their people.
(YA Urban Fantasy, Romance, Magical Realism, Irish Folklore)

I can't wait to read it.  It sounds fantastic!  So tell me, what is your current read or your waiting on Wednesday?

XOXO,
Jen

For more information about Sweet Evil, click HERE
To purchase Wendy's novel See Me, click HERE

To add my upcoming novel, Whispering Wishes to your to-be-read shelf on Goodreads, click HERE
To order a copy of Pretty Little Lies, click HERE
To order a copy of Pretty Little Dreams, click HERE
To follow me on Twitter, click HERE
Like my author page on Facebook, HERE
Friend me on Facebook HERE
Follow my Pinterest boards HERE  

To visit my website, click HERE 

0 comments:

Post a Comment