Stupid Flu Ruined Vegas!

Thursday, August 22, 2013
I am sick.  You may be able to hear the sniffling and coughing from wherever you are!  I had been planning a trip to Vegas for MONTHS.  I was so excited to go and hang out with my friends Heidi McLaughlin and Jennifer Domenico and to finally get to meet Toni Aleo and of course, to make new friends!  We had so many fun things planned... dancing, Thunder Down Under, assisting with a book signing, walking the strip and of course lots of laughing.

Before I left, my daughters were both ill.  Sore throats, stuffy noses, coughs and fevers.  I started taking crazy amounts of Vitamin C, Airborne, Emergen-C - you name it.  The Thursday night before I left, I had a sore throat.  Left for Vegas Friday morning, by Friday night I was feeling awful.  Saturday morning, I started vomiting.  Needless to say, my flight that wasn't supposed to leave until Tuesday, left on Saturday, late morning, instead.

I was so sad that my trip was ruined, but I refused to stay and be miserable and worse, get someone else sick :(   I'm really sad I missed out on some fun with friends that I had planned for months, but before I left, I did manage to take away a few things!  Lots of laughs, a picture I will cherish forever, hugs with Heidi, and a rockin' tattoo!

This is the back of my left shoulder.  A reminder to go after my dreams, no matter what.

Toni Aleo, Me, Jennifer Domenico, Heidi McLaughlin



To order a copy of Pretty Little Lies, click HERE
To follow Jennifer of Twitter, click HERE
Like Jennifer's author page on Facebook, HERE
Friend Jennifer on Facebook HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment